E-2 Treaty Investors

This is a very beneficial temporary visa that can be used to start small businesses in the U.S. It can be renewed indefinitely and it does not preclude the applicant from becoming a permanent resident down the line. Unlike the EB-5, there is no required minimum investment amount that the applicant must invest initially – as long as it is enough to set up your business to obtain profits. This means that applicants can be approved with as little as $20,000 invested in their businesses, and sometimes, even less, depending on the nature of the business. Schedule a consultation with us to see if you qualify.

Application Process

Most of the time, it is recommended that you apply for the E-2 visas through the U.S. consulate in your home country. This is an easier and faster process than applying through USCIS.

Most consulates will have specific instructions on how they want you to submit the application package and supporting documentation.

For example, the U.S. consulate in Canada specifies that they want the supporting documentation organized in tabs in a binder, with subtabs to further divide the supporting documents. They also will not accept a package that has more than 70 pages of supporting documentation.

Our firm has experience working with several U.S. consulates globally. We will discuss with you the legal requirements to obtain this very beneficial visa, we discuss the issues and potential pitfalls with you, we prepare you for the interview at the consulate. Lastly, we always triple check to ensure that our clients meets the requirements as specified by each consulate and that their documents are organized according to the specifications of each consulate.